This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Gardein . The opinions and text are all mine.
You know me, I’m all about whole food, plant-based eating but sometimes I need quick and easy. Sometimes I need food that “fits in” with the crowd. Sometimes I want food that tastes like it came from one of my old favorite restaurants.
I just discovered Gardein™ Chick’n Sliders. I didn’t know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised, they tasted great, like a chicken sandwich but they are deliciously meat-free!
The sliders are effortless to make. I wanted to fancy them up by making sweet potato fries and Sweet and Tangy Slaw. The Super Bowl is taking place in Arizona this year and it’s less than a week away; I’ve found the main dish for our menu!
Gardein Chick’n Sliders with Sweet and Tangy Slaw
- 1 pkg Gardein Chick’n Sliders
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Leave the Gardein Chick’n Sliders in the freezer until ready to use.
- Place all of the veggies in a bowl, add the liquid and mix well.
- Allow the slaw to marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare the Gardein Chick’n Sliders according to the package directions (only 2 minutes in the microwave).
- Add the slaw to the slider and top with the bun.
The slaw can be made a day or two ahead of time and so you can put these together at the last-minute. This is perfect for a game day dinner when you are surrounded by people eating meat.
Inspired by Chef. Created by You.
If you would like to try Gardein Chick’n Slider or another Gardein product get your $1.00 coupon on their website! I’d never tried these before but we loved them. The sliders contain gluten so my little guy didn’t have them but they also have several gluten-free options.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Gardein. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.