This vegan recipe is so good even the carnivores will be asking for more.
- 1 cup dry lentils (rinsed)
- taco seasoning (chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin)
- 2 oz tomato sauce
- Cook lentils in a medium sauce pan with 2 cups of water.
- Cook them for 15 minutes or until they are soft.
- If there is still water in the pan drain them.
- Add taco seasoning to taste and the tomato sauce.
- Stir and enjoy.
The tacos can be made to each family members preference. My husband and I ate ours with lettuce, lentils, guacamole, and fresh salsa. If I had been making burritos or nachos I would have made a dairy free cheeze sauce and possibly added more beans.
Before switching to a plant based diet I made these with ground beef. The lentils were not noticeable and they really helped stretch the recipe. Tacos can be messy for little hands so this is how I made them for my toddler. Spreading beans on the taco shells help the lentils to stay where they belong.