I’m back! I apologize to those of you who experienced some problem assessing this site over the last few days. I transferred to a self-hosted site and there have been a few issues. I’m very excited about all of the things I have planned, including more Back to School recipes. (just a few more kinks to work out)
I admit, Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal throws me for a loop. Breakfast isn’t supposed to be full of chocolate-y goodness, right? I prefer this for dessert buy you can eat it for breakfast and I wont say a word!
Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal (single serving)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1 Tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- Mix oats and water together and cook according to package directions.
- Roughly chop frozen cherries and mix into cooked oatmeal along with chocolate chips.
- If preferred, add maple syrup and chia or hemp seeds.
This decadent oatmeal is pretty intense. Chocolate lovers will swoon but if you aren’t ready for that much chocolate in the morning feel free to cut back or leave it out.
Stay tuned for more Back to School recipes!