Are you on Twitter? I finally hopped on board and have made some great connections. You can follow me @MyPlantBasedFam.
I also noticed this morning that I didn’t have a Breakfast board on Pinterest and remedied that right away!So far it only has my recipes in it but I’ll be filling it with recipes from all of my blogging friends soon. If you have a favorite recipe you think I should add leave a link in the comments.
Our 14 year old son is visiting us for a few weeks so we may do a little more eating out than usual. I’m hoping I can make at least a few things to satisfy his junk food preferences while staying true to our plant-based ways.
I’ve been having a lot of fun with my breakfast recipes lately. Maybe because it is still hot here in Arizona and I prefer to cook early.
- Gluten-Free Pancakes with Sunflower Seed Butter and Maple Syrup
- Summer Berry Breakfast Quinoa
- Peachy Keen Oatmeal
- Savory Breakfast Muffins (the GF version) and fresh fruit
I’ll be keeping it simple with lunches this week and relying on quick and easy favorites.
- Veggie Stuffed Pitas (I’m sooo craving this right now)
- Veggie Burritos using black beans, Taco Quinoa, tomatoes, onion, lettuce and corn
- GF Sunbutter sandwiches with fresh fruit (peaches and nectarines)
- Veggie Sandwiches with spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, banana peppers and hummus
- Gluten-free pasta with red sauce and salad or raw veggies
We have a lot of fresh fruit this week, I mean more than normal. 🙂
- Peaches and Nectarines
- Hummus and Veggies
- Chips and salsa with guacamole
- Portobello French Bread Pizzas with a giant garden salad
- Nachos with Taco Quinoa, Unfried Black Beans, Salsa and guacamole
- Slowcooker Baked Potato Soup
- Mexican Rice and Bean Casserole
- Quinoa OR Gluten-Free Pasta with steamed broccoli and diced Portobello mushrooms with salad
Yes, I’m trying to keep it simple this week. I have 3 categories, breakfast, Mexican food and suedo-Italian with a soup thrown in for ease. I’m hoping this will keep our teenager happy and give me a little more free time.