To prepare for my time away I’ll be doing all of our cooking (for the whole week) tomorrow. Ekk! It will be a busy day. Today I’ll do some prep so everything is ready. The Black Beans are simmering away right now.
Since it is a busy week I’ll keep things simple by relying on easy breakfasts.
- Toast with Sunbutter and slice apples
- Summer Berry Breakfast Quinoa
- Cinnamon Apple Raisin Breakfast Rice (My kids LOVE this)
- Cereal (puffed rice, millet and corn with lots of fruit)
- Smoothies and frozen GF waffles (I’ll let my husband use these while I’m gone although he normally feeds them healthier than I do)
Since I’m already cooking a lot to prepare for my trip lunch will be super simple meals and leftovers.
- Veggie Sandwiches
- Sunbutter Sandwiches
- Leftover Pasta with salad and/or raw veggies
- Taco Potatoes with fresh salsa and a side salad or bowl of beans
- Leftover Veggie Burgers with Baked Potatoes and salad
- Veggie Stuffed Pitas in a GF wrap
Any guesses? Yes, super simple fruit and veggies.
- Raw Veggies like carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc with hummus
- Fresh fruit like apples, oranges, blueberries, peaches, plums and grapes
- Sunbutter Bars
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins (with Chocolate Chips)
I’ll cook large portions of dinner so it can be used as leftovers for easy lunches.
- Corn Chowder with a garden salad and Sweet & Tangy Oil-Free Dressing
- Taco Salad using Quinoa Tacos and Fresh Black Bean Salsa
- Black Bean-Quinoa Veggie Burgers with roasted potatoes or Potato Salad and burger fixings
- Italian Bake and a garden salad with Sweet & Tangy Oil-Free Dressing
- The Crock Pot Version of the Mexican Rice and Bean Casserole
Do you cook all of your food in one day? Although it makes for a busy day I love the free time I have the rest of the week.
What is your favorite quick meal?