How do I confront a busy week? With a Plant-Based Meal Plan of course!
A few upcoming events include a side walk fair at Keystone Natural Family Medicine! I’ll be a vendor so if you are in the area please stop by between 9 and noon on Wednesday, October 9th. They are having some great specials too including a Food Sensitivity Panel and Instant Cholesterol Checks. We LOVE our doctor.
Thursday is Healthy Cravings. If you are new here Healthy Cravings is a once a month meeting I host to show people how easy, inexpensive and delicious a Plant-Based Diet can be. This month is all about BEANS! If you are in the area and want more information email me.
Saturday my husband and I have the privilege to team up with Danny Collier of Simplicity Fitness and teach a cooking class for individuals going through a 21 Day Clean Eating Cleanse. The recipe will also be featured on the menu at Red Mountain Ranch Country Club.
To make things a little easier each week I choose a one to two things that will be the cornerstone of the Meal Plan. This week it is definitely Quinoa with some reoccurring chickpeas, noodles and broccoli as well. The quinoa, chickpeas and noodles are ready for anything I can dream up.
I just received my bulk order of Gluten-Free Oats so there will be a lot of oatmeal this week.
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Peachy Keen Oatmeal
- Breakfast Quinoa
- Cereal and fruit
- Toast with sun butter and fruit
With such a busy week I’ll eat a lot of sandwiches and wraps this week plus a few easy meals. My kids always love Breakfast Quinoa for lunch too!
- Lemony Quinoa and Chickpea Wrap
- Leftover pasta with leftover veggies OR Quinoa Veggie Salad
- Leftover Chickpea Noodle Soup with GF noodles
- Veggie sandwiches with hummus and greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers
- Sun Butter and sliced apple sandwiches
My snacks have been a little on the naughty side lately.
- Gluten-Free Apple Coffee Cake (Recipe coming soon)
- Gluten-Free Brownies (another new recipe)
- Veggies and hummus
- Apples, GF Pretzels and Sun Butter
Most of my dinners for the week are already cooked and waiting for me.
- Chickpea Noodle Soup using GF noodles
- Black Bean, Rice and Green Chili Soup similar to Green Chili, Cilantro and Lime Soup
- Lentil and Quinoa Tacos with Mexican Rice
- GF Noodles topped with Happy Herbivore Alfredo Sauce with Steamed Broccoli and Salad
- Baked Potatoes with Steam Broccoli
I’ll be making some desserts for the side walk fair also!
Since Thursday’s Healthy Cravings is all about beans I’m sure a few of these meals will be side lined for more bean-centric meals. I didn’t plan for them because I didn’t want to cook beans early in the week then have to cook them again. There may be a Chipotle run or too also. What can I say, it is convenient and delicious.