We just returned from a week-long, 3300 mile road trip and boy do I feel bleh. Even making the best choices (most of the time) I feel pretty gross. Now that we are back I’m determined to detox all of the sugar, caffeine, chocolate, and grease I ingested during the trip. Tomorrow I’ll let you in on part of my plan for this detox but today I’ll just fill you in on my Plant-Based Meal Plan. My approach with this Meal Plan has two parts, first is to include as many fruit and veggies as possible and second is use up a lot of stuff from my freezer. I have a lot of odds and ends in the freezer and they take up a lot of room. I’d really like to empty it out as much as possible.
Plant-Based Meal Plan
Lately I’ve been struggling to eat breakfast in the morning. I always encourage oatmeal but this week I’ll eat other options too.
- Savory Breakfast Muffins
- Cinnamon Apple Raisins Breakfast Rice
- Baked Pear topped Oatmeal
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- GF Toast with Sunbutter and Apple Slices
I plan to eat a lot of soup this week because I eat more veggies in a bowl of soup that I would ever eat on their own. To make your soup stretch a little further try pouring it on top of a baked potato.
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Green Chili Cilantro and Lime Soup
- Enchilada Soup on top of a baked potato
- Sandwiches with lots of fresh fruit
We have eaten so many unhealthy snacks lately they I really want to so better this week.
- Smoothies for my hubby and boys, I’m not a smoothie unless it is chocolate peanut butter smoothie
- Apples and Sunbutter
- Raw Veggies and Hummus
- Baked Goods in my freezer
I always strive to prepare a filling dinner, beans is the not-so-secret ingredient that keeps us feeling comfortable full all evening.
- Vegan Chili with GF Cornbread
- Enchilada Soup with a mini Taco Salad
- BBQ Lentil topped Baked Potatoes with green salad
- Veggie Pot Pie
- Lemony Quinoa & Chickpea Wraps or Bowls
Last week I shared The Cheapest Plant-Based Meal Plan Ever! I hope you took a look at the FREE Printable Shopping List that accompanied it. I was sad to see apple prices shoot up this week at my local grocery store, that would wreak havoc on keeping the Meal Plan under $55. I’d just switch to pears which were about 77¢ per pound. Do you need a “recovery” period after vacations to get back on track?