Baby it’s cold outside! Don’t worry, this Hearty Lentil & Barely Stew will warm you right up.
This stew contains gluten but you can use rice or quinoa in its place for a gluten-free option. The potatoes, carrots and celery along with the lentils and barley will provide plenty of fuel for shoveling snow or chasing your kids.
Hearty Lentil & Barley Stew
- 3 cups water
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dry Veggie Broth Mix
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 small potatoes (with skin on), chopped
- 1/4 cup dry (uncooked) barley
- 3/4 cup cooked lentils (or 2/3 uncooked)
- Add all of the ingredients to a pot and cook over medium heat.
- Cook until barley is soft, maybe up to 45 minutes. Add more water water if necessary.
This is delicious with crusty bread and a side salad.
What is your favorite winter stew?