Have you missed my Plant-Based Meal Plans over the last few weeks? The holidays are over, school has started, and it’s time to get back in the swing of things, that includes meal planning.
When I create a Meal Plan I focus on meeting our nutritional needs, including our food restrictions (due to allergies) while staying on budget. I also have to make sure I plan for enough meals to keep us fed but not so many that I’m stuck in the kitchen all the time. It’s a balancing act that I figure out each week. I typically plan for 5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 5 Dinners and use leftovers as needed. This week I’m hosting Healthy Cravings and teaching a cooking class so I’ll plan for “easier” items on my Meal Plan.
Plant-Based Meal Plan
- Breakfast Hash
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cereal with fruit
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Soup and Salad
- Sunbutter and apple slice Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup with a garden salad
- Bean and Rice Burritos
- Veggie Stuffed Pita and leftover soup
- Mini Loaves with Dirty Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli
- Enchilada Soup with Baked Potatoes
- Crockpot Mexican Casserole
- Taco Salad
- Gluten-Free Lasagna with garden salad and Sweet & Tangy Salad Dressing
I use Meal Plans as a guideline. I don’t stress about getting everything made. On any given day we may change our minds and move things around. We may decide to make pancakes or nachos. Using a Meal Plan also helps me make sure I have the ingredients I need for the week and prep anything that takes a little extra time.
Do you Meal Plan?