I’m constantly working on recipes that will be easy as well as delicious. This recipe is both and 100% comfort food.
I admit, this isn’t the same dairy and fat-filled Broccoli and Rice Casserole I used to make in our omni days but for any of you who have tried my other Broccoli and Rice Casserole I think you’ll love this. Also, you can change-up the veggies for a little variety.
Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cups nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour*
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups plant-milk (I use rice milk)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (or other veggies)
- Pour all ingredients into your crock-pot and give everything a good stir.
- Set crock-pot to low and cook for 3-4 hours. I gave it a stir about once an hour.
This is great as a main dish. It is comforting and filling, perfect for cold weather.
*If you don’t have brown rice flour you can use wheat flour instead.
If you like this recipe try my Easy Crock Pot Mexican Rice and Bean Casserole!