Veggie Pad Thai has become a regular feature on our Meal Plan. My recipe is not traditional but it is quick, easy and delicious. Sometimes I’ll chop tons of veggies but in a pinch I’ll just grab a bag of frozen veggies from the freezer and have this dish on the table in about 20 minutes or less.
I was inspired to make this by Lindsey S. Nixon because everyone was always going crazy for the Happy Herbivore Pad Thai recipe. We tried it and it was good but we changed it up based on the ingredients we always have on hand and that suit our food allergies/intolerance’s.
This version easily serves 4 (because of all the veggies) but we usually serve 2 kids and 3 adults.
Veggie Pad Thai
Vegan, Gluten-free, Nut-free, with soy-free option
- 1 box Annie Chun’s Brown Rice Noodle, Pad Thai plus water
- 1 bag frozen stir fry veggies
- (optional) 2-4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce) or Braggs Aminos (both are gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup SunButter or WOWBUTTER (you could use peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water for sauce
- (optional) a touch of agave or maple syrup
- (optional) Tapatio Hot Sauce or Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- Bring water to boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Pour stir fry veggies into a skillet and cook until they are tender-crisp.
- Pour Noodles into boiling water and set timer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As veggies and noodles cook, mix Tamari (soy sauce) and nut/seed butter together. I like to slightly heat the nut/seed butter to make it easier. Then stir in water.
- Drain noodles and pour into veggies. Pour sauce over noodles and veggies and stir well.
I love adding bell peppers, squash, asparagus, and any other seasonal veggies that are available.
Since I’m always feeding kids and people with various food allergies I usually make things “middle of the road” and this recipe is no exception. My husband and teen pour lots of hot sauce on their.
We avoid peanuts due to allergies but love this with sunflower seed butter or soy nut butter. If you can use peanuts I’m sure it would be great.
If you need to make this soy free try Organic Vegan Coconut Aminos.
If you are looking for more Quick and Easy Meals try my One-Pot Pizza Pasta!This post contains affiliate links.