This is the last week of school in our area. Next week kids in our area will be running wild. It will be short-lived because it is too hot so most kids stay inside playing video games all summer. We gear up for swimming lessons at the beginning of June. My kids sleep really well while they are taking swimming lessons.
As summer begins (temps are already over 100 degrees) it becomes really important to keep the kitchen cool. I try to avoid the oven unless it is something I can cook early in the day. Most of our meals are either made on the stove, in the crock pot or served cold. Don’t forget about the grill though. You don’t have to be a meat eater to enjoy your grill this summer.
Plant-Based Meal Plan
Even though it is easier to serve cereal spending a little more time on breakfast is well worth it.
- Gluten-Free Apple Muffins
- Overnight Oats with blueberries and strawberries (I buy Gluten Free Rolled Oats)
- Blueberry Oatmeal
- Toast with SunButter (I recently bought 10 pounds of it) and fruit
We love leftovers for lunch, especially when we can make something “different” from the previous dinner. Switching veggies can transform a meal or adapt a salad to a wrap.
- Gluten-free Pasta with Veggies including tomatoes from my garden
- Leftover Not So Tuna Salad in sandwiches or wraps
- Bean and Grain Bowls
- Hummus and veggies
- SunButter Sandwiches with grapes and nectarines
The Taco Muffins are the most difficult meal planned for dinner and I made it yesterday (in a loaf pan). I like to have an easy meal planned for Monday’s. This week I may even dig into my stash of canned beans to save a little time. I’m neck-deep in work but we still have to eat.
- Taco Muffins made in a loaf pan with baked potatoes
- Pad Thai
- Black Bean and Cilantro Lime Quinoa Burritos with Pico de Gallo
- Not So Tuna Salad
- Portobello Fajitas with Black Beans and Cilantro Lime Quinoa
Over the weekend I was featured in a guest post about my ebook, The Plant-Based Diet Starter Guide. Read the guest post HERE! There is also a discount code for 25% off the PDF version. If you’ve been waiting to purchase my book, now is the perfect time.