September is finally here and I’m wondering if it’s Fall in your neck of the woods. We are still hanging out over 100 degrees everyday but I’m still making hearty soups, Banana Bread and other fall favorites.
We are also juggling school, sports, church and other commitments while trying to eat healthy.
Plant-Based Fall Favorites Meal Plan
After a long break from oats I’m ready to reintroduce oatmeal this week. I’ve really been missing them and plan to make a few fun variations. I usually buy gluten-free oats.
- Blueberry Oatmeal
- Peachy Keen Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Apple Muffins
- Multigrain Breakfast with Overnight Chia Porridge and lots of fresh fruit.
I pack a lunch for my kindergartener (did you see my new Lunch Box Guide?) but my preschooler still eats at home. We usually eat dinner leftovers, veggie soup or baked potatoes.
- Baked Potatoes topped with steamed veggies and/or beans
- Leftover Burrito Bowls
- Tortillas Rollups with SunButter and apples
- Leftover Soup with a baked potato
- Sandwiches using Sunbutter or hummus and veggies
I like to keep it quick when possible but I don’t mind doing a little prep on the weekends or earlier in the day if needed. This week I’ll cook beans and Brown Rice to be used in the burrito bowls and with the Red Lentil Curry ahead of time. I’ve considered getting a Rice Cooker but haven’t bought one yet. I’m not sure if I’d use it enough.
- Stir Fry using carrots, peas, broccoli, yellow bell pepper and brown rice.
- Gluten-Free Mac and Cheeze I’m working on a new recipe.
- Burrito Bowl with Rice, Beans, and Homemade Pico de Gallo.
- Chickpea Noodle Soup or Chickpea and Rice Soup using the same recipe except using 1 cup rice instead of noodles.
- Red Lentil Curry this recipe is used exclusively in the Custom Meal Plans.
What are you eating this week? Have you made the shift to Fall yet?This page contains affiliate links.