September signals fall sports, dropping temperatures and back to school activities (read homework). Thankfully, I’ve found my back to school routine for the most part. Our evening sports practices make for hurried dinners at least twice a week. I love making quick meals and comforting soups, especially when they are easy.
This weekend is my Gluten-Free Lunch Box Class. If you live in the Phoenix area you don’t want to miss it! The deadline to sign up is Tuesday! Next week I’ll be releasing the New Meal Plans so be on the lookout for more clues this week on Facebook and Twitter!
I know I’ve mentioned it before but I’ve fallen in love with Oatmeal again. The slightly cooler mornings make it my go to breakfast. I always use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats (it’s a 4 packs).
- Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Cereal (on busy mornings)
I pack a lunch for my kindergartener but my preschooler and I eat at home.
- Sandwiches with apple slices
- Green Chili Dip and Tortilla Chips and Rice
- Bean and Grain Bowl
- Baked Potatoes
I just restocked my pantry so I get to have some of my favorites this week.
- Veggie Pad Thai (my favorite meal and it’s quick and easy)
- Minestrone Soup made with Gluten-Free Pasta
- Pasta covered in Creamy Italian Salad Dressing (yes it is also a fabulous pasta sauce) and steamed veggies
- Fiesta Mac is coming soon!
- Hearty Lentil and Barley Soup but I’ll substitute rice or millet for the Barley
I’m thinking of doing a little baking too! Maybe these Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins or Gluten-Free Apple Muffins with hit the spot. They would taste amazing with Sarah’s Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin Spice Creamer (warning: contains nuts).
What do you have planned for the week? Have the temperatures cooled down enough for warm soups and comfort foods?