The tell me it’s football season. I don’t watch football so for me it translates into “Football Food Season.” If you get together with friends to watch the game you know most of the food is like fatty death on a platter. Yes, I just said that. Hot wings, Deep-Fried ______ (fill in the blank), Chips & Dips that are full of fat and dairy, and lets not forget all of that Cheese.
Now let me introduce you to my Guilt-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip. That sound is the Hallelujah Chorus.
I’ve been sitting on this recipe all summer just waiting to let it debut. It was actually featured in one of the classes I taught this summer. You don’t have to save it for football. It’s perfectly suited for movie nights, pre-dinner (or post-dinner) snacks, on a sandwich or wrap, or to make when you are all by yourself and don’t want to share.
Spinach Artichoke Dip (Vegan and Nut Free)
- 1 ½ cup warm white beans (I use Great Northern)
- ½ cup water (more or less)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup artichoke hearts (I use jarred, without oil)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup raw spinach
- Puree beans, water and spices in a food processor or high-powered blender, I use my Blendtec.
- Add artichoke hearts and lemon juice and pulse slightly until it reaches desired texture.
- Pour dip into heat safe container (I use an oven safe casserole dish). Rip spinach into smaller pieces and mix into dip.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350° or until warm.
This dip is great with crackers or chips but also really good on bread or in a wrap. This is oil-free and diary-free but tastes sinfully good.
For more football food ideas visit my Party Food Pinterest Board! It’s full of delicious dips and finger foods.This page contains affiliate links.