It started in 2014, I would get emails asking if I could create recipes to use in the Instant Pot. My response was always, “sorry, I don’t have an Instant Pot but if you buy me one I’ll make recipes for you.” No one took me up on the offer so eventually I bought one myself. If you aren’t familiar with the Instant Pot it is an electric pressure cooker.
I’ve been slowly adapting my recipes to work in the Instant Pot and today I’m going to share my Lentil Taco’s recipe. You can use the original recipe if you are looking for a stove top version.
Lentil Tacos in the Instant Pot
- 2 cups dry brown lentils
- 4 cups water
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp each of salt, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Dump all of the ingredients into our Instant Pot and give it a little stir to mix everything evenly.
- Close the lid, make sure you move the pressure release to the sealed position.
- Press the Manual button and use the arrows to get to 15.
- Once it is done turn the Instant Pot off and release the pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and give it a stir. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
These are great in crunchy or soft tacos, as part of a burrito or taco salad. If you don’t have an Instant Pot don’t worry you can use the stove top recipe, it’s just as easy and just as delicious. For a little variety try my Quinoa-Lentil Tacos! They are a family favorite!