I love short cuts in the kitchen. If there is an easier way of doing things I want to know.
My kids have been asking for “Lemon Juice” which is their way of asking for lemonade. We never buy the store-bought stuff. Last week a kid in our neighborhood was selling lemons door to door and I bought three; I appreciate a boy trying to earn a little cash. A lot of our neighbors have citrus trees but we don’t.
I’ll give a quick note, this recipe has a lot of room for variation. Start slowly adding a little at a time because lemons are different sizes, have differing amounts of juice and varying levels of tartness.
Lazy Strawberry Lemonade
- 1-3 lemons (I used one giant lemon) peeled with seeds removed
- 1 cup of strawberries with stems/leaves removed
- sugar or other sweetener
- Put lemons, strawberries, 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of sugar in your Blendtec.
- Blend until everything is liquefied.
- Add another 2 cups or water and 1/4 cup of sugar (if desired) and blend. Repeat this step until your lemonade has the perfect sweet/sour mix.
I used 6 total cups of water and 3/4 cup of sugar for the whole pitcher. My starting lemon was the size of a grapefruit.
This is so easy I call it Lazy Strawberry Lemonade but you could leave out the strawberries and just have Lazy Lemonade.
This page contains affiliate links.