That is a line from the movie Meet the Robinson’s that I whip out on occasion. This seems fitting to me.
Why? Because my boys ate several cups of a mixed green salad that was tossed in this dressing. There was some salad left that I stored in the fridge. Yes, wet salad that was doused in this dressing and they finished it off the next day because they love the dressing so much.
I call that a win and even amazing.
As you can always expect from me, this salad dressing is oil-free!
Oil-Free Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 heaping cup of fresh raspberries, if you need to use frozen allow them to thaw first
- 1/2 cup of water
- up to a 1/2 tsp of red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- a dash of salt and pepper
- Pour your raspberries, half of the water, half of the vinegar and maple syrup into a blender. I used my Blendtec. Add your salt and pepper.
- Press the pulse button and allow to process until everything liquefies. Pour in slightly more water if needed.
- Give your dressing a taste test. Add more vinegar and maple syrup if needed. Some berries are sweeter while others are sour so this isn’t an exact science. I made it as written above and it was perfect for us.
- If you adjusted your ingredients pulse again until your salad dressing reaches the right consistency and flavor.
Your salad dressing will be a beautiful raspberry color and taste slightly sweet with just enough kick.
This will make about 1 1/2 cups depending on how much water you use. Store this dressing in the refrigerator and use within 5 days.
I’ve got a lot of incredible oil-free salad dressings. You can see all of them on my Sauces, Dips and Salad Dressing Page. Don’t forget to pin them too!
This page contains affiliate links.