My love affair with my Instant Pot isn’t confined to dinner. No, my morning rendezvous with my Instant Pot are a common occurrence.
I got the idea from Jill Nussinow on her blog The Veggie Queen. I tell people, she isn’t only the Veggie Queen she is queen of pressure cooking. Her blog mentions the instructions for using a regular pressure cooker but it’s easily adapted for Instant Pot Cooking. By the way, her newest book Vegan Under Pressure was just released. I don’t have it yet but I’m sure it is going to be great!
Instant Pot Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- optional spices (cinnamon shown)
- toppings of your choice (apples shown)
- Dump oats into the Instant Pot followed by the water.
- Close the lid and close the vent.
- Press manual and use the arrow buttons to go down to 3 minutes.
- After the oats finish cooing, press the off button or unplug the Instant Pot so the pressure will release naturally.
- After the pressure releases, open the lid and give the oatmeal a good stir. It will probably have extra liquid, this will absorb as it cools.
- Add cinnamon or other additions and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Top oatmeal with fresh fruit of your choice, apples are shown.
This recipe makes about 2-3 servings depending on how hungry you are and how much fruit you add for the toppings.
You can easily double this recipe and store it for easy breakfasts all week.
This page contains affiliate links.