This post is sponsored by the SoyNut Butter Company. All opinions are my own.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between my breakfasts and desserts! I usually like a sweet breakfast and the SoyNut Butter in these Pumpkin Muffins makes them perfect for the morning.
I’ve always had a sweet tooth. When I was a kid I’d often get donuts or sugary cereal for breakfast. I clearly remember going to the donut shop and getting a long John and a can of coke. Even when I make a savory breakfast, like my Breakfast Hash, I’ll want something sweet to follow.
I created these Pumpkin Muffins because I’m yearning for the cooler temperatures of fall. I didn’t want them to be super sweet and only appropriate for dessert. I wanted these Pumpkin Muffins to be a bit heartier and suitable for breakfast, even for people without a sweet tooth like me.
With or Without Chocolate Chips
With chocolate chips the Pumpkin Muffins are a decadent dessert. Without chocolate chips they are a delicious breakfast that pairs well with fruit and a cup of coffee (for the grown ups).
My husband is not a fan of chocolate so I’ll often scoop out half of the batter then pour chocolate chips into the remaining batter so we are both happy.
Like most of my recipes, these muffins are allergy-friendly. They are gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free. I use a gluten-free flour blend from Jewel’s Bakery and dairy-free chocolate chips. I also use SoyNut Butter which is my favorite peanut butter substitute. It has the look and feel of peanut butter and tastes comparable considering there are not nuts. It’s perfect for families with a peanut allergy.
If you haven’t had a chance to try SoyNut Butter today is your day! Enter to win a pack of SoyNut Butter! You’ll get a jar of regular and a jar of chocolate! The chocolate is to die for!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins with SoyNut Butter
We’ve been enjoying these muffins for breakfast, after school snacks and desserts. You can’t really go wrong with these Pumpkin Muffins!
- ½ cup SoyNut Butter
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour blend
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure out ½ cup SoyNut Butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 20 seconds.
- Pour in the 15 oz can of pumpkin and plant-based milk, stir very well.
- Dump in the sugar and vanilla then stir again.
- Sprinkle all of the spices, salt and baking soda into the batter.
- Pour in the gluten-free flour blend and mix everything together. After everything is mixed together you may add chocolate chips if desired.
- Spray cooking oil into muffin pan and scoop batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes (you can test at 25) but allow to cool for 10 minutes at least.