I took a little break from the computer last week because we traveled to Michigan for our daughter’s graduation. We aren’t quite unpacked yet but we are slowly getting back to normal. I made Veggie Pad Thai last night and I’m soaking beans now. In a little while I’ll cook a batch of rice to use in various recipes.
Even though I didn’t take my computer I used my time off to plan and brainstorm. I have a couple dozen recipes I hope to show you over the next few months.
During the month of June I want to work on getting some extra ingredients and maybe a few meals prepped and in my freezer. We’ve been having too much food waste lately. My plan is to put serving sizes of cooked rice, beans, sauces, etc. into the freezer for an easy to grab dinner. I’ll come up with a better plan for this later, hopefully.
For now I’m focusing on berries and tomatoes!
Plant-Based Meal Plan
Fresh berries are showing up in the stores. They are my breakfast inspiration.
- Summer Berry Breakfast Quinoa
- Blueberry and Kale Smoothies
- Blueberry Oatmeal
- Cereal with fresh berries
- And a new secret recipe that is in the works!
I’ll be focusing on simple, mostly unprocessed foods for lunch.
- Baked Potatoes with steamed broccoli
- Veggie Wraps with cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, red onions and greens
- Tomato Soup with a salad or baked potato
- Leftover Lentil & Quinoa Salad
- Sandwiches with SunButter and fruit for the kids
Most of our meals with be oven-less for the next few months. That leaves the stove, Crock-Pot, and grill as viable options.
- Tomato Soup with GF biscuits, a side salad and Sweet & Tangy Salad Dressing
- Lentil & Quinoa Salad (New Recipe)
- Nachos with Unfried Pinto Beans and Unfried Black Beans, Guacamole, Salsa, and Mexican Rice.
- Veggie Burritos/Bowls with beans, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and guacamole.
- Crock Pot Mexican Rice and Bean Casserole
If you need an idea for working more berries into your meals try my Blueberry Salad Dressing! It’s oil-free and very kid-friendly!
I’m using lots of tomatoes lately. My garden is in production mode! I gave a friend all of my ripe tomatoes before our trip and came home to find about a dozen more ready to go. I even left 4 or 5 for the bugs and birds.
Is your garden coming together? I’d love to hear what you are growing and how you work it into your Meal Plan!This post contains affiliate links.