Are you looking to add more salads to your menu? I can help you with that! This Quinoa-Lentil Salad will fill you up AND taste great! If you don’t have quinoa you can substitute cooked brown rice.
I prefer to cook the quinoa and lentils ahead of time and toss this together in a few minutes. If you still need to cook your quinoa and lentils don’t worry, it only takes about 20 minutes. You can chop veggies while you wait. I add various veggies depending on what I have on hand but this is my basic recipe.
Quinoa-Lentil Saladserves 1
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils (seasoned with a little garlic and onion powder)
- 1/2 cup cook quinoa (or substitute cooked brown rice)
- 2-3 cups mixed greens or your favorite lettuce
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/8 cup diced red onions
- If desired, heat (seasoned) lentils and quinoa.
- Fill a large bowl or plate with greens/lettuce/
- Dump lentils and quinoa over greens, then top with diced veggies.
I love this salad with equal parts lemon juice and red wine vinegar (1 Tbsp each) but it is also delicious with my other oil-free dressings. Try the popular Sweet & Tangy Salad Dressing or the new Creamy Italian Salad Dressing that my pickiest kid eats with a spoon!
For more salad inspiration check out my Salad Board on Pinterest! I’ll be adding lots of new salads and oil-free salad dressings this summer. You don’t want to miss them!