Soon you will discover that not very recipe you attempt will turn out well. Last night I attempted Black Bean Burgers. They were OK, but not great. We ate them but they were lacking. We have three leftover burgers that will get eaten, but they were not the spicy sensation I had planned. Oh well.
I’ll try them again. Eventually.
Maybe you want to eat healthier but keep finding yourself in the drive thru. Be encouraged. Life style changes take time, it is very hard to change the way you live over night. Maybe you need to start with smaller changes like eating healthier versions of what you already like.
We have a favorite family recipe for Banana Bread. It is very tasty and full of butter, white flour, white sugar, and a splash of milk. Last year I started slowly tweaking the recipe. I’d use honey instead of sugar, or half white flour and half wheat. Monday I made Banana Bread and decided to change everything I could to make them as healthy as possible. Do you know what happened? They were AMAZING. In fact, I almost didn’t get a picture because we were eating it so fast. I had planned to take them to some “regular” people to see if they would like them but I never did. Now there is only a few pieces left and I’m hoarding them.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar or raw sugar
- 3 extra ripe bananas
- 1 Tbsp plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup turbinado sugar, (you could use honey instead for non-vegan option). Mix with wooden spoon.
- Add the bananas, plant milk and vanilla. I used a hand held mixer to mix but I spoon would do too. Try to smash the bananas as much as possible and mix well.
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased pan, I use a bunt pan for best results.
- Cook for 40 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean. Using a loaf pan will require a longer baking time. When making muffins with this recipe they are usually done in 15 to 20 minutes.
For best results to not eat this the same day you bake it. Resist, trust me it is for the best. This banana bread will be super moist if you leave it alone. Once the bread has cooled wrap it up and store until tomorrow. On the second day, enjoy! I’ve also made this with chocolate chips and it is yummy! If you made muffins they will be a little dry bust still tasty.
Is there something you want to hear about? Let me know!