Welcome to My Plant-Based Family, Virtual Vegan Potluck Edition. I hope you’re enjoying yourself so far. If you want to start from the beginning check out Vegan Bloggers Unite! There are about 60 bloggers attending so clear your schedule and sit down for a fun time.
Today I’m bringing Gluten-Free Apple Muffins to the potluck. They are divine and you simply must try one or three! They are moist and delicious, you really can’t tell they are gluten-free or vegan.
I recently took them to an event and little children were running up to me asking for more so there are definitely kid approved, a few kids even followed me outside as I was leaving with their cute little hands out.
Gluten-Free Apple Muffins
- 3/4 c brown rice flour
- 6 Tbsp potato starch
- 6 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c water, you can also use orange or apple juice
- 1 c diced apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the first four ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl mash banana then add applesauce, sugar, vanilla and water. Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Gently stir in diced apples.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups or use a non-stick pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. I baked mini muffins for about 15 minutes and regular sized muffins for about 20 minutes.