I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Fine Frugality. If you haven’t stopped by Fine Frugality in a while you should. She has been very busy de-cluttering during the month of May (I know I need to do it too) and is pretty busy exercising her powers of frugality day in and out.
The Liebster, which means favorite in German, is a way to recognize your favorite blogs that have fewer than 200 followers. What a great way to get the word out about up and coming blogs!
When you receive the Liebster award, you are supposed to do the following:
- Choose five up and coming blogs to give the Liebster award to. Blogs must have less than 200 followers.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog.
- List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received the award.
- Share five random facts about yourself.
I am picking 5 blogs (with less than 200 followers) that I have recently discovered. If they are new to me they will be new to you too, right?
- Veggies Not Wedgies-Aly shares her family’s journey beginning a plant-based and gluten-free diet.
- 12for2012– This is unlike any blog I have read. This blog choronicles the bloggers attempt to learn 12 new things and do 12 charitable deeds this year.
- Vegan Sparkles – Rebecca post awesome recipes and witty repartee, she is a brilliant photographer as well.
- The Educated Life-Clara shares reflections as a busy wife, mom and Ph.D. student.
- Toxic Vegan-What can I say, she had me at Toxic Vegan. I love this authentic blog about good and not so good for you food.
I also have to share 5 random fact about myself.
- When carrying groceries into the house I’ve been kicking off my sandal and opening the door with my foot. (I’ll also headbutt the button to close the garage door).
- It drives me crazy to start a movie and not finish it, it doesn’t matter how horrible the movie is, I need closure.
- There is a 15 year age difference between me and my husband.
- I got certified to scuba dive when I was a teenager but only got to go a few times. It was never anywhere tropical, mostly lakes in Oklahoma.
- I am a horrible housekeeper, I have to invite people over regularly as an incentive to keep things tidy. Having two little Tarzan’s determined to work against my progress doesn’t help.