When I want a delicious chocolate treat I reach for these Chocolate No-Bake Bites. They are the perfect summer treat when it is too hot to turn on the oven.
Years ago, I would make the most delicious chocolate no bake cookies. You know the ones, they have a ton of butter, milk, peanut butter and oats. Yeah, I loved those!
This version is much healthier for you although not necessarily a “health food.”
I almost always have all of the ingredients I need (thanks to my pantry staples). These can also be made allergy-friendly by using gluten-free oats and a peanut butter substitute like SoyNut Butter or SunButter.
Chocolate No-Bake Bites
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1 cup oats (use gluten-free if needed) added ¼ cup at a time.
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix together cocoa, agave, and vanilla in a medium-sized mixing bowl. This will take a little while to do but it will come together. Once these 3 ingredients are mixed together they look and taste like Hershey's syrup that we put on ice cream as a kid, it isn't quite as sweet but it is close.
- Mash in banana and stir.
- Mix in peanut butter, you can add another ¼ cup for a stronger PB taste.
- Stir in oats, ¼ cup at a time. If your mixture looks to dry don't use all the oats.
- Optional: add in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a wax paper lined plate and place them in the freezer or far away from little hands that might dig in too early. You could smooth them into balls or flatten them into cookie shape if desired.
I store these in the freezer and grab one or two out for an after dinner treat. I left a few on the counter and they did “set up” nicely but not as well as my old-fashioned dairy-filled version that is off-limits. My recipe made about 17 small bite sized cookies.
For more delicious desserts check out my Dessert Page!