Welcome back to day 2 of the Vegan Month of Food, a.k.a The Vegan MoFo. Today I’m setting my sights on the parfait.
Making parfait’s are super easy if you have kids they can help or make their own. If you own a large glass bowl or trifle dish they can make a perfect center piece for a party or make these in individual glasses like I did. These are healthy enough for an on the go breakfast but tasty enough for dessert too.
- Vegan yogurt (I use coconut, almond or soy milk yogurt)
- Diced fruit of your choice (apples, berries, or bananas)
- Nuts and/or seeds
- Vegan chocolate chips (hey I’m not judging)
- Layer granola, yogurt, nuts/sees, then fruit.
- Repeat step 1 two to three times to fill your container.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
This was a big hit at my Healthy Cravings group served as a dessert. We ate the leftovers for breakfast and lunch for a few days after. A few of my favorite variations include Cinnamon granola with diced apples, Almond granola with mixed berries, granola with vegan chocolate chips and bananas. I like to top this with chia seeds right before serving. My son thinks they are sprinkles! 🙂
This recipe is kid friendly, omni friendly, and gluten-free if you use gluten-free granola.
What is your favorite parfait combination?