Need some help figuring out what to do with all of that pumpkin you bought? Look no further!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin (or 1 can)
- 1 cup maple syrup (I’ve also used agave OR 1/2 cup maple syrup with 1/2 cup turbinado sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl mix the first 5 ingredients.
- I medium bowl mix the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips if using.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Grease pan or use cupcake liners.
- Pour into pan and bake until done. 30-40 minutes for a 9 inch cake pan and 15-20 for cupcakes
This first time I made this I cake I ate all but 2 pieces by myself. I just could not resist it. I mixed up a little glaze but wasn’t crazy about it. The next time I made this I went with cupcakes and added chocolate chips and made this Chocolate Mousse to use as frosting.
I made these for my last Healthy Cravings group, which I’ll write about tomorrow. Let’s just say they were a big hit. I cooked the cupcakes a little long and they stuck to the liners 🙁 so next time I’ll watch them a little more closely.
There is a little over a week left of the Vegan Month of Food, a.k.a. Vegan MoFo. I hope you’ve been enjoying all of the recipes. The Vegan MoFo ends October 31st. I’m excited to participate in the Virtual Vegan Potluck on November 1st. There are 105 participants this time so get ready for a ton of mouth-watering recipes.