Yes you read that right. This banana bread is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan. It was moist and delicious. There is only a tiny sliver left and I made it this morning. I did send a good portion of it home with a gluten-free sugar-free pal. I will be making this again.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread (Refined Sugar Free and Vegan)
- 1 c sorghum flour
- 1/2 c brown rice flour
- 1/4 c potato starch
- 1/4 c tapioca flour
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c date paste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 really ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/2 c rice milk
- 1/2 cup optional nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray pan lightly.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. (You could stir in the optional nuts or chocolate chips here)
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Insert toothpick to test for doneness.
This is best eaten same day although it can be frozen for another time. I served this with coffee. It isn’t “dessert” sweet although the chocolate chips may take it up a notch.