I love Breakfast Tacos! Years ago the breakfast tacos I made were completely different from those I make today, but we enjoy them just as much if not more. These tacos are very versatile and can be adapted for even the pickiest eaters or omnivores in your household.
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1/2 a bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 a jalapeno (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 handful of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup cut cauliflower
- 1 large baked potato, diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup of cooked beans, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt (or black salt), pepper, garlic, and turmeric to taste
- tortillas of your choice, use corn tortillas for a gluten-free option
- Add onions, peppers and mushrooms to a skillet and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, adding a little water if veggies start to stick.
- Once veggies are beginning to soften stir in potatoes, quinoa, and beans. They will now begin to stick.
- As soon as everything is incorporated and warm add nutritional yeast and spices.
- Spoon this into tortillas and serve.
I love to eat these Breakfast Tacos with salsa! This reheats very well and will keep several days when refrigerated. If you are using corn tortillas know that they are crumbly and will likely break. These can be layered in a casserole dish instead of rolled into the tortillas for a quicker option. I’ve also wrapped them in parchment paper to hold them together. I’ve served these to an omni group and they LOVED them.
If you are eating plant-based but having a hard time convincing your family this is an easy dish to adapt for them. Things like eggs or cheese are easily added but not really needed.
Are you a Breakfast Taco lover too?