I never get tired of guacamole, chocolate mousse (the avocado makes it creamy), or eating avocado raw whatever I can, but sometimes a girl needs to branch out.
Oh yes, I grilled avocado!
Even better I served it with Spicy Black Beans and Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice. This may be a combo made in heaven.
I almost hate to call this a recipe because it is so easy.
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into equal slices (6-8)
- bell peppers, cut into strips
- onions, cut into strips (thin strips will burn)
- corn tortillas or other gluten-free tortillas
- Preheat your grill and add avocados, bell peppers, and onion.
- Check every few minutes to see how they are cooking, turn once they start to brown and don’t let them burn.
- Remove veggies from the grill.
We ate these on gluten-free corn tortillas but any tortilla will do. These veggies are also great served on a salad. For lunch the next day I mixed up rice and beans then topped it with the grilled avocado and veggies. So Good!
This recipe is being shared at Gluten-Free Friday hosted by Vegetarian Mamma!