Last week we had a little vote on My Plant-Based Family’s Facebook page. This recipe was the runner-up but I know many of you have been patiently waiting for it.
On a side note, my husband and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
Are you in a breakfast rut? Allow me to help you out with this delicious breakfast treat.
I was able to get a few dozen white peaches from the discounted produce section and I’ve been enjoying them ever since. You could use yellow peaches instead of white if you’d like.
Peachy Keen Oatmeal
- Gluten-free or regular rolled oats (read the package to make the appropriate amount for your family)
- 1 to 2 peaches per person ( just made a large batch of about 10)
- maple syrup (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- walnuts or chia seeds (optional)
- Peel and slice peaches; cook them on the stove (using medium heat) in a small sauce pan with peaches barely covered in water.
- Once peaches are soft whiz half of them in a blender or food processor. Set the rest of the cooked, sliced peaches aside.
- Cook oats according to package directions, you can use the leftover peach “water” if you’d like.
- After oatmeal is made spoon into bowls, adding puréed peaches and some peach chunks.
- Top with optional maple syrup, cinnamon, or walnuts.
The peaches can turn plain oatmeal into an incredible treat. I’ve also served peaches prepared this way on top of pancakes; it reminded me of homemade peach cobbler. I plan to try it with quinoa next.
Have you tried oatmeal with peaches? Once peach season arrives I plan to have peaches for breakfast, lunch and dinner!