I shared this recipe over at Herbivore Triathlete on Monday but I didn’t want anyone to miss it so I thought I should share it here too.
Summer Berry Breakfast Quinoa (1 serving)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 to 2 Tbsp rice milk
- ½ cup assorted berries (we like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and black berries)
- A generous shake of chia and hemp seeds (we call these sprinkles)
- Stevia or maple syrup (optional)
- Gently mix quinoa (warm or cold) with vanilla, rice milk, berries, and seeds.
- If desired, use a little stevia or maple syrup to sweeten the breakfast quinoa.
My kids were suspicious of Breakfast Quinoa in the beginning but now love it and ask for it daily. They prefer it cold, I like it warm. Walnuts make a great addition but sadly we are now a nut-free household.