Happy September and Happy Labor Day to my US readers!
We have had company on and off this summer but now we are attempting to get back into a routine. Regular homemade dinners are a big part of that.
We are also going to do a gluten-free experiment for our whole household. This week we will be finishing off any wheat/gluten based foods (although there isn’t much) so that next week we will be gluten-free. Feel free to join! If gluten isn’t an issue for you maybe you want to take that next step and remove dairy or oil from your diet.
This week we will be taking a break from the processed side of breakfast and sticking to whole grains, fruit and greens. Yes you read that right. My husband enjoys raw spinach for breakfast so my kids do to.
I’ve been testing out some new recipes at lunch lately. There is less pressure to make an awesome meal at lunch time.
- Quinoa Veggie Wraps with a side of beans
- Lentil Quinoa Veggie Salad (Recipe Coming Soon)
- Veggie Sandwich made with hummus, cucumbers, peppers, carrots, and greens
- Taco Salad
- Enchilada Soup
We usually stick to fruit and veggies but I like to surprise my kids with popcorn and other treats from time to time.
- Apples with Sunbutter
- Veggies with Hummus
- Random Fruit
- Polenta with Spicy Black Beans and homemade Pico de Gallo
- One Pot Pizza Pasta (Recipe Coming Soon)
- Unfried Black Beans, Quinoa-Lentil Tacos, homemade Pico de Gallo and guacamole with soft corn tortillas
- Bean Burgers with potato wedges and random veggies
- Fajita Salad made with Portobello Fajitas, onions and bell peppers. Served with Unfried Pinto Beans, and Mexican Rice (or Quinoa)
I plan to make these incredible Gluten-Free Brownies this week as well. If you haven’t tried them yet you have more self-control than I do! They are amazing!
Is your Meal Plan ready for the week? I was later than normal (I blame the holiday). 🙂
Do you have something you want to eliminate from your diet? Gluten, dairy, oil, etc. We’d love for you to join us! Leave a comment letting me now what you are removing and let us support each other!