Do you ever get over run with leftovers? We do! We have a lot of leftover beans from last weeks Healthy Cravings. By the way, if you are in the Mesa/Gilbert/Phoenix you should be coming to Healthy Cravings!
The first few days of the Meal Plan will focus on using up the leftover beans and leftover veggies. We didn’t even do a real grocery shop this weekend. I want to work towards an empty refrigerator this week.
Plant-Based Meal Plan
We have been relying on cereal quite a bit lately but I will not succumb to guilt. Cereal may not be the best choice but it can work for a decent breakfast.
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal with Baked Cinnamon Apples
- Breakfast Quinoa (we have a lot of leftover quinoa too)
- Apple Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Rice
- Toast with sunbutter and fruit
- Cereal with fruit
I love eating leftovers for lunch because I don’t like to spend a lot of time cooking lunch. I don’t mind passive cooking like tossing things into a pan or the oven though.
- Bean and Grain Bowls
- Taco Potatoes using leftover Lentil Tacos
- Gluten-Free noodles with red sauce (I like Ancient Harvest GF Pasta) and a side salad
- Sunbutter sandwiches (of course I have a 2 and 4 year old)
- Veggie Sandwich for me! I’m loving Eat Well Enjoy Life Hummus (it isn’t made with chickpeas)
We stick to fruit and veggies for most snacks. It helps us make good choices and lower our grocery budget since we eat seasonal produce. Occasionally I’ll make something special, especially when I’m trying new recipes.
- Sliced apples and bananas with sunbutter
- Dry Roasted Edamame from Seapoint Farms
- Eat Well Enjoy Life Hummus with raw bell pepper slices, cucumber slices and carrot sticks
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
As mentioned before we have a lot of beans that are already cooked; pinto beans, Unfried Black Beans, lentil and chickpeas. Since these are all cooked it will save me a lot of cooking time this week. I may put some of them in the freezer if it looks like we wont use them in time.
- Tostadas with Mexican Rice and maybe a small Taco Salad on the side
- Chickpea Quinoa Stir Fry
- Vegan Chili (this recipe can use several different types of beans to clear out odds and ends.
- BBQ Chickpea Salad
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup
We have a lot going on this week so I fully expect us to be eating out as well. I’m hoping to avoid running to the store so I’ll swap out ingredients and work with what I have.
Do you use these Meal Plans for inspiration? I’d love to hear what you think!