If you live somewhere cold and icy let me say, I am sorry. Today’s Plant-Based Meal Plan will help you out. Maybe you too are asking, “is it Spring yet? More likely you have other choice words about the weather. I wont brag about our weather today, it actually rained this weekend which pretty much freaks everyone in Arizona out. It’s not the apocalypse, it’s called rain, time to send the kids outside to play.
Yesterday I was freezing all day, I think it had to do with the fact that I grew up in North Texas and Southwest Oklahoma and it is FREEZING there. I took a look at their temps last night and my bones started to ache. A friend mentioned something about an earthquake which led me to a very disturbing/interesting website about earthquakes. Apparently there are earthquakes in Oklahoma all the time.
I’m still cooking for cooler weather, for the most part so even if you are snowed in you can take some inspiration from this Meal Plan. A few weeks ago I wrote a Snowed In Meal Plan that might be helpful if you have a moderately stocked fridge and pantry and can’t (or don’t want to) leave the house.
Plant-Based Meal Plan
Warm breakfasts please!
- Baked Sweet Potato with cinnamon
- Oatmeal with chia seeds and maple syrup
- Apple, Raisin and Cinnamon Breakfast Rice
- Breakfast Tacos/Burritos
- Peachy Keen Oatmeal (using frozen peaches and dreaming of summer)
When I cold it is more difficult to eat raw veggies. I admire all of you raw foodies. Soups and stir fry’s are my favorite way to eat veggies when it’s not quite spring.
- Leftover Stir Fry veggies on rice, noodles or potatoes
- Leftover Soup
- Veggie Noodle Soup
- Black Bean Quesadillas loaded with onions, peppers and Faux Cheesy Sauce
- Baked Potatoes topped with steamed broccoli and carrots
I ask my husband what kinds of foods he wants to eat each week; this week he said, “soups and stuff in the crock pot.” That sounds good to me.
- Taco-Potato Soup (yes it’s new, see a pic on Instagram.
- Crustless Veggie Pot Pie with Gluten-Free Biscuits
- Easy Mexican Rice and Bean Casserole (Crock Pot)
- Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Do you still needing warm, comforting food? I’d love to hear what you are eating this week. Follow me on Instagram for more food pic’s.