Last week I shared my list of Basic Pantry Staples, as well as Refrigerated Staples, for Plant-Based living. This week I wanted to share an easy Meal Plan that could be made using those staples. Truthfully, most of my Meal Plans can be made with basic pantry staples but this plan will be extra easy.
We usually opt of easy breakfasts most days but even the longer cooking items on this list can be made ahead and reheated in the mornings.
- Cereal with rice milk
- Toast with Nut or Seed Butter and sliced apples on top
- Blueberry Oatmeal
- Summer Berry Breakfast Quinoa (that is why we have frozen berries on the list)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
I love having leftovers for lunch. Some days I use leftovers to create a whole new meal. Having basics like potatoes, beans and chopped veggies can bring lunch together quickly.
- Taco Potatoes or Tostadas
- Bean and Potato Burritos
- Veggie Stuffed Pitas or Wraps
- Sandwiches with nut or seed butter and fresh fruit
- Baked Potatoes and Soup or Salad
I’m willing to spend more time on dinner but that doesn’t mean I want to spend an hour in the kitchen. Most of these choices can come together quickly, especially if you batch cook beans and grains on the weekend.
- Lentil and Quinoa Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Quinoa and Pico de Gallo
- Pizza Pasta with a Garden Salad and Sweet and Tangy Salad Dressing (Oil-Free)
- Stir Fry using whatever veggies are available or a bag of frozen stir fry veggies
- Enchilada Soup
- Lentil Shepherds Pie
This is definitely more food than we would eat in a week. I offer this menu as a guide, pick and choose what you would like to try. I prefer to cook larger portions less often. Some weeks I eat Baked Potatoes everyday with different toppings. Last week for example, I ate baked potatoes with Steamed Broccoli, Pico de Gallo, Black beans and Pico, Barbecue sauce, well you get the idea.
What does your Meal Plan look like this week? Did you get the Basic Staples for a Plant-Based Diet yet?