Are you a pasta salad kind of gal (or guy)? The boys in my house love this Sweet & Tangy Pasta Salad! It’s incredibly easy and a perfect dish to share at potlucks or cookouts.
We use gluten-free pasta because of my son’s wheat allergy. This recipe can be altered based on your available ingredients. I’ve add chickpeas to make it more of a “main dish” but we usually use it as a side dish.
Sweet & Tangy Pasta Salad
- 1 8 oz package pasta (we use gluten-free spirals)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 recipe Sweet & Tangy Salad Dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions, set a time so you don’t over cook. You want an al dente pasta.
- While pasta is cooking prepare all of the veggies and salad dressing.
- When pasta is done drain it well and run it under cool water, drain again.
- Mix all veggies and salad dressing into the pasta.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This pasta is best chilled but can tolerate being at room temperature for a little while. It would also be a good addition to a lunch box with an ice pack.
This was perfect with our Vegan Barbecue Sandwiches. I definitely recommend taking this to a potluck, it will be a hit and it’s very allergy-friendly. You can also try my Potato Salad and Portobello Burgers.