Let me be up front about this. This is not one of my quick recipes, BUT it is incredibly easy AND delicious. This Roasted Salsa taste better than my favorite Mexican restaurant.
If you have an abundance of tomatoes from your garden or if you just can’t resist the low prices at the store and farmers markets then I have a recipe you really need to try. I’m addicted to it.
- 8 Roma Tomatoes (more or less)
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 head garlic
- 1/4 of an onion
- salt to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your produce. Put tomatoes and garlic in one oven safe pan and put your jalapenos in a separate pan. You do not need oil! I didn’t roast the onion because I didn’t have much left but you could. Watch it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Roast veggies (1 hour for jalapenos, 2 hours for tomatoes and garlic).
- Remove from oven and allow everything to cool so that it can be handled.
- Once everything is cool put the tomatoes, jalapenos, half of the garlic and the onion in a high-powered blender. I used my Blendtec and pushed the “Dip” button. I also removed the skins from my tomatoes and the seeds from the jalapenos and tomatoes before blending them. You don’t have to do this, it’s just an extra step. (If you don’t have a Blendtec I recommend putting it on your Christmas List. You can even get a Reconditioned Blendtec for a great deal.)
- Blend until there are no large chunks, add a little salt if needed.
You can mix things up and use roasted onion, roasted corn, whatever you have in abundance. This made about 2 cups for me but it will depend on the size of your tomatoes.This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using my link I will receive a small percentage at no additional cost to you.