It’s the second week of the 21 Day Plant-Based Challenge! If you are participating in this challenge with us I’m sure you are feeling great and inspired. I hope you’ve become more confident and learned a few tips to help you make these healthy changes a sustainable part of your life.
If you are just learning about the challenge it’s not too late to join! Learn more about the challenge and get involved.
Join the My Plant-Based Family Facebook Group that is serving as Headquarters for the Challenge.
Our generous sponsors have provided some great prizes to help you on your plant-based journey! We have two drawings each week but you have to participate by telling me your points! Each point counts as an entry!
Healthy Eating Challenge Meal Plan
Don’t forget about breakfast! If I make a poor choice at breakfast I often continue to make bad choices all day. Make the good choice to have a healthy breakfast.
- Crock Pot Breakfast Hash (I’ll try to get this one to you soon)
- Sugar-Free Oatmeal with Apples and Raw Pepitas
- Blueberry Muffin from our sponsor Kimbre at Fueling the Temple and fruit
- Peachy Keen Oatmeal
I start thinking about lunch the night before when I’m cooking dinner. Leftovers are a great way to ensure you have a healthy lunch available, no matter how busy you get.
- Easy Vegetable Soup from our sponsor Amber at Adventures in Mindful Living
- Lemony Chickpea and Quinoa Wrap
- Leftover Quinoa Lentil Salad (keep the dressing on the side and use grape tomatoes)
- Leftover Soup and Salad
- Big Salad using which ever veggies are on hand as well as leftover beans and grains
I’m using quinoa a lot this week so I’ll save time by making a large batch of it on prep day!
- Crock Pot Mexican Casserole (I’ll make a triple batch for lots of leftovers)
- Chickpea and Quinoa Stir Fry
- Quinoa Lentil Salad
- Hearty Lentil and Barley Stew I’ll use rice for a GF version.
- Baked Potato with Roasted Veggies
Don’t forget to eat your fruit! I often have an apple or banana between meals but you can add fruit to salads, wraps and stir fry’s for a delicious and unexpected flavor.