I use my Instant Pot all of the time for dinner but I wanted to use it for breakfast too. I’ve been trying to work a little more variety into our diets because for the last few months we’ve been eating the same things over and over. It’s all things we like but I know eventually we will get tired of it. The last time I was a Costco I found an organic quinoa, amaranth, millet blend and I really wanted to incorporate it into our meal plan.
Breakfast was the perfect option! If you don’t have the quinoa, amaranth, millet blend you could use equal amounts of any grain with a similar outcome although cooking times may be affected. All of the grains I used were gluten-free.
Triple Berry Porridge
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Amaranth Millet Blend (I used Organic Quinoa Ancient Blend)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups frozen organic berries (we buy a three berry blend at Costco)
- Plant-milk as desired
- Maple syrup, optional
- Chia or hemp seeds, optional
- Dump the oats, quinoa blend, water and berries into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and press Manual then use the arrows to select 10 minutes.
- Once cooked (and it beeps) press cancel or unplug and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- After the natural release, carefully open the lid and give it a good stir.
- Add plant-milk until you porridge reaches your preferred consistency. I like it thick but my sons like it thinned.
- Spoon the porridge into bowls and add optional ingredients like maple syrup, seeds and more berries.
You don’t have to have an Instant Pot to make this. You can cook it in a Crock Pot in about 7-8 hours or on the stove 20 to 30 minutes. Both will require more liquid.
This page contains affiliate links.