It’s Back to School Week in our house, at least for our first grader. Our preschooler has one week left until school starts. Our teenage son will be coming to visit us for two-weeks, but don’t tell our little guys, it’s a surprise.
With so much going on this week meal planning becomes even more important. Our son that is visiting is a 6 foot tall athlete who prefers processed food. It will definitely be a challenge to keep him full.
We will also start packing lunches this week, which reminds me. I have a new giveaway coming on Wednesday for a set of EasyLunchBoxes! Stay tuned for more details, or better yet, subscribe (in the right sidebar or below for mobile users) so you don’t miss any posts.
I usually only plan 4-5 items for meals per week. I like to make extra so we have leftovers to eat and it frees us up for last-minute changes. If I plan 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners we will buy too much food and not eat it all. We always have leftover beans, rice and potatoes as well as salad fixings to add to our meals.
Back to School Meal Plan
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal made with Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats (I buy them on Amazon)
- Vegan Yogurt, fruit and Awesome Granola
- Blueberry Oatmeal
- Breakfast Rice
I keep gluten-free waffles in the freezer as a back up for crazy mornings.
- I’ll make this Black Bean Salad but I’ll replace the mango with fresh pineapple
- Soup and Salad
- Baked Potatoes with Vegan Chili and raw veggies with hummus
- Packed Lunch Box will be SoyNut Butter and banana sandwich, fresh fruit/veggies, Plentils and Enjoy Life Cookies most days.
- Minestrone Soup if you haven’t made this yet you are missing out!
- Fiesta Pasta with a side salad with Sweet and Tangy Salad Dressing
- Grilled Portobellos and Veggies with Baked Potatoes
- Taco Bar with Lentil Tacos, Faux Cheese Sauce, Salsa, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, roasted corn, Unfried Beans, etc.
We often use our dinner leftovers for lunches. When time is short I can usually throw together a delicious Bean and Grain Bowl or a Chipotle-style salad with our regular refrigerator staples.
Don’t forget to enter the Allerbling Giveaway! Tuesday is the last day to enter! The next giveaway will begin on Wednesday, August 5th.
This page contains affiliate links.