One of our family’s all time favorite recipes is Banana Bread. Our old family recipe is delicious but it is made with wheat. I have a gluten-free banana bread recipe but it wasn’t as close to the original as I wanted (maybe because it was refined sugar-free).
I found Jewel’s all purpose gluten-free mix and tried my regular recipe. It’s a cup for cup mix but I decreased the flour by 1/2 a cup compared to my original recipe, everything else stayed the same. I wanted to change it up a bit so I went for a cinnamon swirl.
The great thing about this recipe is it always impresses. Enjoy it at brunch, breakfast, dessert and potlucks.
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cup Jewel's gluten-free all purpose baking mix
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix apple sauce and sugar.
- Add bananas and smash with a fork.
- Pour in plant-based milk and vanilla and stir.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt then dump in Jewel's gluten-free all purpose flour mix.
- Stir everything together then scoop out about 1 cup into another bowl. Add one tablespoon of cinnamon to the bowl and stir.
- Pour the regular batter into the bundt pan. Then add spoonfuls of the cinnamon batter on top Swirl gently.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
We love making banana bread in bundt pans because they are so pretty and the whole in the middle helps them cook more evenly. You can make these into muffins, just cook for 15-20 minutes instead.
If you try this recipe with a different cup for cup mix let me know which one’s work for you.
See more recipes like this on my Breads and Muffins Page.