I’m willing myself to get in full-on holiday mode. I haven’t pulled out the decorations yet but Thanksgiving has come and gone. It’s time to get into the Christmas spirit and this Spiced Apple Cider will do the trick.
One area that I typically neglect during the holidays, is the drink category. I usually think about food but not beverages. This year I started drinking cider in October. I’m not sure why but during the evenings I craved warm sips of the holidays and apple cider is a great, non-caffeinated option.
Since I started drinking apple cider so early in the season I had to mix it up a bit. This Apple Cider Recipe is perfect for special occasions and holiday parties. It takes an average cider up a level and makes your guests feel the holiday spirit. Go ahead and turn on Elf or Miracle on 34th Street.
It may just be me but this might taste even better if you are wearing your favorite flannel jammies.
If you’re serving this at a party, I recommend getting clear glasses, mugs or jars so your guests can see the deep honey color of the cider. If it’s just you and your family just go for your favorite big mug.
Spiced Apple Cider
Prepare to experience your favorite Christmas memories rushing back as you sip this delicious Spiced Apple Cider. This simple cider recipe will make your home smell like the holidays. If you make it, tag me on Instagram so I can see your photos!
- 4 Cups of Apple Cider
- Half of a small orange
- Half a cinnamon Stick
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- ½ tsp of whole allspice berries
- ½ tsp of whole cloves
- ¼ tsp of black peppercorn
- A tiny pinch of nutmeg
- Heat 4 cups of apple cider in a small pot with brown sugar on medium heat, stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the orange, cinnamon stick (half), whole allspice berries, whole cloves, whole black peppercorn, the pinch of nutmeg and give it a stir.
- Decrease the heat and cover with a lid, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Strain into jars or mugs. I recommend using a cheesecloth or coffee filters to strain the other ingredients from the liquid