We love quick breads and muffins. Banana Bread has long been a favorite but I know a lot of people who can’t tolerate bananas. I thought apples would be the next best thing. I created a recipe with all the flavors of spiced apple cider in a simple quick bread, Apple Cider Bread.
This recipe is perfect for an after school snack or to have on hand for when you want just a little something extra. Tell me I’m not the only one who likes a little snack when the kids finally get in bed.
My boys love Apple Cider Bread. This loaf disappeared in about two days.
It’s not strictly a fall or holiday recipe but the spices, and citrus zest definitely remind me of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Apple Cider Bread
Your family will enjoy this oil-free, vegan sweet bread recipe. Serve it with fruit and a cup of coffee or apple cider for a tasty snack.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or an all purpose gluten-free baking blend)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Egg replacer + water to make two vegan eggs
- 1 cup apple juice
- zest + juice from one orange
- zest + juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use parchment paper or cooking spray to prepare a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix egg replacer and water together to make vegan eggs. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegan eggs, apple juice, citrus juice and zest and vanilla together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.