Are you looking for something that will bring the WOW back to your regular favorites? Try adding this Mango Salsa to your salads, tacos, burritos and more!
I’ve been a fan of fruit salsa’s long before I ate plant-based. There is something about the sweetness and spiciness mixed together that I find irresistible. Fruit salsas, especially Mango Salsa, will elevate your favorite recipes to a whole new level.
It’s no secret that I love salsa. I have salsa almost every day. Mexican food is my favorite and we almost always have something I can pour salsa on. In the summer when my favorite fruits are in season, I might go a little overboard with all the wonderful salsa combinations.
Today, I’m going to focus on this incredibly easy Mango Salsa recipe!
Trust me, if you bring this to a potluck or share it with friends, they will devour it and want the recipe. It doesn’t’ matter if they are plant-based, they will love it.
You can serve it on salad, my Mango Black Bean Salad is very similar to this, just add black beans and greens. In fact, I’d rather have Mango Salsa than any salad dressing!
If you like mango, you are going to love this super simple Mango Salsa. Feel free to change it up to suit your taste.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, or your favorite tomato
- 1 Large mango, diced (approximately 1 Cup)
- 1-2 Jalapenos, finely diced (depending your heat preference, remove the seeds for a milder heat)
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion, diced
- ½ Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced (1/4 Cup juice)
- Pinch of salt
- Dice tomatoes, place tomatoes in a medium sized bowl, then add the remaining diced ingredients and give it a gentle stir.
- Add the chopped cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Mix well and serve.
This salsa is perfect immediately but it can also be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. I love it after the first day when all the flavors have gotten a chance to meld together.
You can serve this salsa with just about anything! If you need some ideas, try it with tortilla chips, Lentil Tacos, Breakfast Tacos, Taco Salad, Veggie Burger, Tofu Scramble or Southwest Tofu Scramble, or anything else you can think of.
I’d love to hear how you enjoy this Mango Salsa! Don’t forget to pin this recipe and add it to your meal plan! I’ve pinned it in my “Favorites” board.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes diced
- 1 mango diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime, juiced about ¼ cup
- 1 pinch salt
- Dice tomatoes and place them in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the remaining diced ingredients and gently stir.
- Add the chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Mix well and serve.