I don’t know about you but I lose interest in cooking when the temperatures are over 90 degrees. I want to cool off, not stand over the stove! In fact, I rarely use my oven between May and October because it heats up my house so much. Occasionally, I use the oven in the morning if I really need to bake. Who want’s to bake when you can buy So Delicious Ice Cream?
Today I’m sharing some of my favorite summer meals that are ready in 20 minutes or less. Many don’t require any cooking at all.
20 Easy Summer Meals
1. Toast with SunButter and Fruit (yes this is an acceptable meal in the summer)
3. Microwave Baked Potatoes (don’t hate on the microwave, use the Crock Pot if you like but it’s too hot for the oven here)
5. Taco Salad using canned beans
8. Pasta Salad, make sure to chop the veggies while the pasta is cooking
9. Veggie and Hummus, yes this can be a meal
10. (Vegan) Yogurt Parfait, yes this can be a meal too. It’s hot people!
12. Vegan Pad Thai
13. Quesadillas, using canned beans
14. ChickPea Salad, there is a sweet and savory versions, on sandwiches
15. Quinoa Veggie Bowl
17. Sun Butter and Jelly Sandwich with fruit on the side
19.Veggie Wrap or Veggie Stuffed Pitas
22. Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Casserole in the Crock Pot
23. Potato Kale Soup both versions listed
24. Oatmeal (we love it for dinner) using Jill’s 3 minute approach
25. Your favorite Soups or Chili
There you have it, 20 Easy Summer Meals that are ready in 20 minutes or less plus 5 bonus recipes for the Crock Pot or the Instant Pot!
Now I want to hear your favorite recipes for summer!
This page contains affiliate links.