Did you know that you can eat delicious, hearty comfort foods on a plant-based diet? Today’s Meal Plan will share our favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas for crisp fall weather.
This Meal Plan is more recipe intensive that others so feel free to pick and choose which recipes work best for your family and double them so you aren’t cooking something new for each meal.
I love a warm breakfast, especially on chilly mornings.
- Savory Breakfast Muffins (whole wheat or gluten-free versions available)
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal (yes, I had to go there)
- Nutty Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Apple Raisin Breakfast Rice
- Breakfast Tacos
We often have leftovers but I try to incorporate lots of leafy greens and raw veggies at lunch. Sometimes a soup and salad combo does the best job at hitting the spot.
- Fiesta Mac (I’m still tweaking this recipe)
- Baked Potatoes topped with Vegan Chili
- Roasted Tomato and Rice Soup with a salad and Spicy Tomato Dressing
- Green Chili, Cilantro, Lime Soup (made in the slow cooker)
- Minestrone Soup and Veggie Sandwich
I tend to focus on fruit and veggies for snack but I also like to include muffins and breads for my kids. We will have snacks in the morning and afternoon.
- Raw Veggies with hummus
- Sliced Fruit with sunbutter
- Pumpkin Bread (Whole Wheat) or Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten-free)
- Apple Muffins (Gluten-free)
Usually I’ll make double recipes to use for leftover lunches. When I have leftover soup I like to freeze it in small containers perfect for an individual lunch; the same goes for beans, grains and mashed potatoes.
- Taco Soup OR Enchilada Soup
- Portobello Steaks using the Mushroom Marinade, Dirty Mashed Potatoes and steamed broccoli
- Nachos!!! I use Lentil-Quinoa Taco Mix, Faux Cheese Sauce, salsa and guacamole
- Minestrone Soup
- Pizza Pasta, Steamed Veggies and a side salad