Just in case you are snowed in, this week’s Meal Plan will focus on comforting meals that use basic ingredients that I usually have on hand. Here is an old list of basic supplies but I warn you it is in desperate need up an update, which I’ll try to do soon. If you bought my ebook The Plant-Based Diet Starter Guide then you already have an updated copy in the book.
Plant-Based “Snowed In” Meal Plan
- Apple Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Rice
- Blueberry Oatmeal (sub any fruit)
- Nutty Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Raisin Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Breakfast Burritos with potatoes and beans
- Sandwiches (peanut butter, sunbutter, veggie, etc)
- Taco Soup with Baked Potato
- Bean Burritos make with Unfried Black Beans and grains or veggies
- Leftover Chili with Bake Potatoes
- Veggie Soup
- Texas Style Chili
- Lentil and Barley Soup (use rice to make it Gluten-Free) and Gluten-Free Corn Bread
- Freezer Veggie Stir Fry I use random veggies I find in my freezer but I usually have a good variety.
- Cheesy Brown Rice and Broccoli Casserole (Crock Pot)
- Mexican Rice and Bean Casserole (Crock Pot)
These recipes do not use a lot of fresh fruit or veggies but if you have them I recommend you add them. I wanted this Meal Plan to be pretty basic and rely on beans and grains. Add any extra veggie you have. If you are snowed in, I hope you have plenty of food stored.
I’m in the process of cleaning out my freezer and it is amazing some of the stuff I find in there. If your freezer is full try planning a meal or two based on food you have in your freezer. I have several soups stored in 2 serving containers including Green Chili, Cilantro and Rice Soup, Chili, and Enchilada Soup.
Are you snowed in? What foods do you rely on during emergencies?