Since September 1st is the beginning of pumpkin season I decided it was time to share my pumpkin granola recipe. This is no ordinary pumpkin granola! It has my favorite fall flavors in an easy to make oil-free granola.
This page contains affiliate links.
Most granola recipes are made with oil and it can be tricky to make it without. The payoff is worth it because you get a delicious chewy granola. (My husband loves chewy granola.) Don’t get me wrong. It still has plenty of crunch from raw pepitas and pecans. If you have a nut allergy, you can leave the pecans out but they are my favorite part!
I typically make my granola mild, I don’t want flavor too strong so it doesn’t overpower whatever it is served with. The funny thing is, I can’t stop snacking on this one by itself. I finally had to put it away because it’s way too tempting when left on the counter.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious granola recipe that has the best flavors of fall, try this recipe! You get the pumpkin, maple syrup, the classic pumpkin pie spices, raw pepitas, pecans and dried cranberries!
If you aren’t ready for fall after reading that list, nothing will help you! But don’t worry, if you aren’t a cranberry fan, you can leave them out. I made a batch of both but I’m partial to the cranberries!
One important note, if you need to be gluten-free because of an allergy or celiac disease, make sure you use gluten-free oats. I completely trust GF Harvest!
Oil-Free Pumpkin Granola
Enjoy this Pumpkin Granola on vegan yogurt, baked fruit, a smoothie bowl, pumpkin pudding, or like me, by the handful!
- 3 Cups rolled oats (choose certified gluten-free oats if needed)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plant milk (I used rice milk)
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your rolled oats and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add your pumpkin puree, maple syrup, spices, vanilla and plant milk. Stir well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the oats a little at a time and stir well. Once all the wet ingredients are incorporated into the oats, add the raw pepitas and pecan halves and mix again. Don't add the dried cranberries yet!
- Scoop mixture onto the parchment covered baking sheet. Be careful not to get it too close to the edge. If there isn't enough room, use two baking sheets.
- Bake for 40 minutes total but pull it out every 10 minutes to stir gently. Once done, allow to cool.
- After the granola is cool, mix in the dried cranberries and store in an airtight container.
You can skip the parchment if you have a Silpat! It’s a non-stick silicone baking mat (and it makes a great gift).
Did I leave out any of your favorite fall flavors?